- No personal information is collected.
- No information is sold to third-parties.
- No information is shared with advertising companies.
- No information is mined and harvested for personal and behavioral trends.
- No information is monetized.
Information we collect and what we use it for
We run our own instance of the privacy-friendly, open-source web analytics tool GoatCounter. The following information is collected:
- Page URL. We store the page URL each time our website is accessed. We use this to understand which pages have been viewed and how many times a particular page has been viewed. For example: https://votelog.ch/de/privacy/
- HTTP Referrer. We use the referrer string to determine the number of visitors that are directed to us via links on other websites. For example: https://gitlab.com/
- Browser. We use this to understand which browsers visitors are using. This is derived from the
User-Agent HTTP header. The full user agent is discarded and only the browser name and version number is stored. For example: Firefox 115
- Operating System. We use this to understand what operating systems visitors are using. This is derived from the
User-Agent HTTP header. The full user agent is discarded and only the operating system name and version number is stored. For example: Android 10
- Screen size. We use this to understand what devices visitors are using. This is derived from
window.innerWidth. For example: Phone, 375 px
- Country and region. We determine the country and region of the visitors based on their IP address. The visitors’ actual IP address is discarded and only the derived country and region are stored. For example: Switzerland, Zurich
- Language. We use this to understand which languages visitors prefer. This is derived from the
Accept-Language HTTP header. The full header value is discarded and only the language name is stored without locale. For example: English
No personally identifiable information (such as the IP address) is stored. In order to recognize individual browser sessions within a short time window and not count visitors twice, a hash value consisting of the IP address, user agent and a random value (“salt”) is generated and kept in memory for 8 hours. This hash value is never written to persistent storage.
No information is stored in the visitor’s browser via cookies, localStorage or other methods.
Logged in users
We obtain the personal data of parliamentarians via the Web Services offered by the Parliamentary Services of the Federal Assembly.